Meet the Team¶
Our conference is run by a dedicated team consisting mostly of volunteers. This page outlines the folks who are helping get things done, and what their roles are.
Mikey is the documentation czar for Write the Docs in Europe. She is an avid dancer as well as singer, and has probably traveled across more of Europe than you have. Mikey is a senior technical writer at Red Hat living in Prague.
Sam has been organizing Write the Docs conferences for a couple years. He’s based in Berlin unless he’s off to a death metal festival somewhere. Sam is a contract technical writer working with Travis CI and other companies.
Eric is one of the cofounders of Write the Docs, and also one of the cofounders of the Read the Docs documentation platform. He is the primary chair of the Portland conference, and loves to talk all things docs :)
Kelly runs the Write the Docs newsletter, and has been organizing the North America conference for the last 3 years. She has a day job at Kayako where she is the Self-Service Content Manager.
Sasha is a Django and Python developer, and is our inclusivity, diversity, and well-being champion. Based in Amsterdam but traveling throughout Europe, Sasha has been sharing insight and helping communities and individuals become better versions of themselves, as well as co-authoring positive projects such as Happiness Packets and the “Less Obvious Conference Checklist”.
Paul is a long-term friend of Write the Docs, and works as an Open Source Lead at Zalando. Originally from Scotland, Paul is based in Berlin and hops around Europe, dropping wisdom at various open-source technology conferences about team building, community culture, and fishes-riding-bicycles. We do recommend covering your ears if you ever meet him.
You can read descriptions of all the roles in our Event Roles doc.
- Conference chair - Mikey Ariel
- Swag coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Speaker wrangler - Sam Wright
- Infrastructure chair - Sam Wright
- Writing Day coordinator - Kelly O’Brien
- Lightning Talk coordinator - Paul Adams
- Communication chair - Mikey Ariel
- Volunteer coordinator - Sasha Romijn
- Sponsorship lead - Eric Holscher
- Job Fair coordinator - Eric Holscher
- Boat ride coordinator - Mikey Ariel
- Unconference coordinator - Paul Adams
- Welcome Wagon coordinators - TBA
- Explore Prague coordinator - TBA
- Social media chair - TBA
- Emcee - TBA